Kathy has been with the Indigo Dog Training team since 2017. She started working with animals in the 4-H clubs in the Southern Maryland area when she was a young girl. Durning her time in 4-H, she competed in horse events and also trained in obedience and agility with dogs. After 4-H, she continued to compete and train in horse show events both locally and nationally. Kathy grew up helping her family welp Border Collies and Miniature Australian Shepherds.
Kathy regularly attends seminars, workshops, and continuing education courses to stay up to date on the latest dog training techniques. Her education includes:
- Obedience and Behavior Foundations, Parts 1 and 2, with Tyler Muto - Leerburg University
- Leash Reactivity Course with Tyler Muto - Leerburg University
- Master The Remote Collar Seminar with Tyler Muto
- Let Dogs Be Dogs workshop with Marc Goldberg, Wendy Volhard, and Brother Christopher of the Monks of New Skete
- Dealing with Difficult Dogs workshop with Heather Beck and Jason Vasconi
Mike has been a part of the Indigo Dog Training team since 2015. As your first point of contact, Mike will answer any questions you may have, help pick out a program that best suits you and your dog's needs, and finalize all the logistics.
Before joining our team, Mike was the Regional Operations Manager for a major fitness company and is a proud Veteran of the U.S. Army.